Navigating Pinterest Bridal Hair and Makeup Inspiration
It’s not an easy task. There are SO many pictures on Pinterest and they all look amazing, but how do you know what will look good on you? What is realistic? Has it been photoshopped?
- Almost all styles you can only see one angle – from the back. You have no idea how this style looks from the front.
- So many of the styles are created on blonde hair or brunette with a lot of highlights – up do’s look far better in hair with multiple tones through it. If you don’t have this it won’t look the same
- A lot of the styles are created in a studio set up and not designed to last all day. Your wedding is a long day so you need something beautiful and secure – you don’t want it falling out on the dance floor!
- Many will be packed full of extensions so consider the additional cost of extensions and if you’re willing to have them.
- There is endless inspiration! There are so many pictures to inspire you and make you consider something different to what you have had before.
- You can see how various styles look with different hair accessories, different dresses and many other considerations.
- You probably don’t look exactly like the model in the photograph (unless she’s your identical twin!) so the makeup will probably look quite different on you
- It may be quite different to what you normally do and therefore it may not feel like you.
- You’ll consider colours you may not normally consider
- You can describe to your makeup artist what you do or don’t like about the makeup in the picture enabling them to have a clearer idea of what you’re looking for.
How to avoid the pitfalls of searching for hair and makeup looks online
- Try and look for inspiration pictures with similar skin/hair colouring to you.
- Look for similar eye shapes to you – this is harder as most models will have an almond shape. But look for makeup inspiration on hooded eyes if you have hooded eyes.
- Be realistic – if it looks like they have loads of hair expect you may need to be open to extensions
- Know what it will look different on you and will need to be tweaked to flatter your features